HOW DO I RECEIVE SALVATION ?
From the very beginning, the Lord has given mankind a choice. In the Garden of Eden, God gave Adam and Eve the choice of trees of which to eat the fruit. To eat of one of the trees was to be disobedient and the result was death. All of the other trees resulted in life in paradise. Adam and Eve made a choice to be disobedient.
The Lord is gracious, and still makes that offer to you. Today, you can choose Eternal Life, or Eternal Death.
Please choose Life!
The Lord is gracious. He does not want anyone to perish, but wants everyone to come to repentance (Second Peter 3:9). The plan of salvation is simple.
Here is how!
- You must hear (or read) the truth of God's love; Jesus was sacrificed for our sins (yours and mine); Jesus died on the cross, but He was resurrected to be with God so that we may have that same hope (Romans 6:4-5). Read one or all of the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John). Mark is the shortest.
- You must believe that Jesus is the Son of God, that He died for you and me, that He did arise from the dead and that He can be your Salvation.
- You must repent, or turn away, from your sin and set your will/mind to go in the opposite direction. Yes, you have sinned. We have all sinned (Romans 3:22-24). Christians are sinners, but our sins have been forgiven. And it doesn't cost a penny.
- You must confess before men your belief that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God as Peter did in Matthew 16:16.
- To be obedient, you should be immersed according to the Bible. The word "immersed" is "baptizo" in the Greek language. It has been transliterated "baptize" in most Bibles. But the word means immerse. (Read Acts 2:37-39 and 8:12). Any Christian can immerse you. It does not have to be a preacher or priest.
That is all there is to receiving the free Gift of God. You must make the decision. The Lord is a God of free choice or free will. He will not force you to decide for Him. To not accept Him is to make a decision for Satan to be lord over you for eternity.
After you become a Christian, study your Bible and meet with other Christians. Then continue to grow in your Walk with the Lord. And praise His name daily for His wonderful gift.
If you have any questions, or would like to talk to a minister near you, please contact me.
Return to Main Page